Board of Directors
BioNova’s Board of Directors is elected from among its membership. Directors provide leadership, counsel and govern the operations of the Association.
- Brian Lowe, Chairperson
Chief Operating Officer, ABK BioMedical
- Co-founder and a director of the First Angel Network Association, Atlantic Canada’s largest association for private investors
- Has raised millions of dollars for various start-up companies over the last 35 years
- Co-founder of Immunovaccine Technologies Inc and responsible for the incorporation and raising start-up funding totaling $10 million
- Previously served as the President/CEO/Founder of three environmental companies based in Nova Scotia whom he successfully negotiated their sale to a company in South Carolina.
- Kimberly Stephens, Treasurer
Chief Financial Officer, Immunovaccine
- Robert Cervelli, Past-Chairpersonserving
President & CEO, NeuroQuest
- Entrepreneur in the life sciences sector for over 25 years
- Founded, or helped found, biotechnology companies developing diagnostics, cancer therapy, vaccine enhancement technologies, neurological drug
discovery and consumer health products.
- Worked for various US/Canadian agricultural biotech companies
- Dual citizen – Canada/USA
- Kevin Sullivan, Director
CEO, Appili Therapeutics
- Has over 15 years experience working with early stage biotechnology companies
- Has raised over $37M in private equity and non-dilutive government funding in biotechnology
- Was previously COO at Viron Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company
- Has a BSc in Immunology, a Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology and an MBA
- Bill Cheliak, Director
Vice-President Business Development, Chelation Partners
- Jean-Paul Deveau, Director
President, Acadian Seaplants Limited
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (NS Chapter) and Nova Scotia Premier’s oneNS Coalition
- Was awarded the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards National Citation for Eco and Social Excellence
- Was awarded 2011 Entrepreneur of The Year Award in the Health Sciences Sector
- Chair of 2011 Canada Winter Games
- Jon Geske, Director
Director of Scientific Affairs, Precision Biologic
- Has 25 years of Laboratory experience
- Was R&D Director at a US company where he led the development and FDA clearance of diagnostic kits
- Was author and principle investigator of a small business grant to develop immunoassays for the rapid detection of Ebola virus.
- Has a Doctorate in experimental pathology and Bachelors in genetics
- David Elder, Director
Senior Director of Manufacturing, DSM Nutritional Products
- Blake Miller, Director
Vice-President, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Canada Inc.
- Steve Nicolle, Director
Director, STI Technologies Ltd.
- David Reid, Director
Partner, Cox and Palmer
- Ying Tam, Director
President & CEO, Mindful Scientific