Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI), led by a private-sector board of directors, is a lead business development agency for the province.
NSBI’s mandate is to help Nova Scotia businesses across the province grow exports through access to business advisory services, skills development and training to build export capacity, market intelligence, financing, and support in accessing global markets, with a focus on developing new exporters and attracting innovative, globally competitive companies to establish a business location in Nova Scotia.
Job Opportunity: Marketing Advisor, Domestic
Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, the Marketing Advisor, Domestic provides strategic, editorial, digital, creative and operational direction through the development and implementation of a broad range of domestic marketing initiatives aimed at increasing export capacity within the province. This role supports the business objectives of Export Development, Business Financing, and the Regional Business Development teams, and continues to build the NSBI brand and reach.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
Working with the Export Development and Regional Business Development teams, improve marketing processes by identifying areas of opportunity, troubleshooting, and creating value-added templates and tools.
- Target and grow audiences to “Think Export” through existing and new channels and platforms by creating innovative promotional materials. This includes digital, email, social media and content marketing.
- Working with the Export Development and Regional Business Development teams, improve marketing processes by identifying areas of opportunity, troubleshooting, and creating value-added templates and tools.
- Develop and implement domestic and export organic and paid advertising and awareness campaigns. This includes in-house strategy, creative content development, and working with outside design and digital vendors.
- Manage timelines and resourcing around identified domestic projects (as identified in operational planning). Maintain firm project management principles using identified collaboration software including CoSchedule and Office365.
- With the marketing team, conduct yearly audience research and evaluations. Manage, document and communicate regular monthly metrics for domestic marketing activities to the Content Marketing Manager.
- Develop impactful collateral and provide support for domestic/export sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage marketing efforts and promote trade missions and events, including the development of trade show related deliverables (i.e. booth graphics and collateral). This includes creating and posting event listings on the NSBI website liusing Drupal and Eventbrite.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Advisor to deliver the weekly Trade Bulletin e-mail.
- Moderate and maintain an export calendar in CoSchedule to support content marketing and lead generation initiatives. Contribute domestic export specific content to the monthly Insider e-newsletter.
- Foster productive and value-added relationships that benefit NSBI through networking with peers across government, and with partners and stakeholders.
- Monitor and provide updates to the Content Marketing Manager for the domestic marketing budget
To be considered as a potential candidate, you have a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business (Marketing) or Journalism. You have three to five years of experience performing similar duties in a professional capacity, and experience with publishing and collaborative software and platforms including Drupal and CoSchedule. You possess strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with concurrent projects/deadlines. You have a demonstrated ability to take initiative, and are adaptable, flexible and work best on a team with minimal supervision. You are able to create and deliver outstanding presentations, and have acquired strong problem solving, organization and analytical skills. With excellent communication skills, you easily establish and maintain relationships with peers, team members and clients.
NSBI’s professional team is as innovative and energetic as the clients we serve. If you have what it takes to join our team, we would like to hear from you.